While the benefits of underground cabling have long been recognised, conventional plow systems are often unable to overcome landscape obstacles in a cost-effective manner. Now the SpiderPlow gives you all the benefits of underground cabling without the headaches.
- Minimal need for site prep work for faster installation
- Landscape characteristics are easily accommodated
- There's minimal impact on surrounding vegetation
- Extreme terrain poses no threat of damage to cable
- Plowing is possible in most conditions including clay, sand, swamp, gravel, mud, snow and water
- Specially designed insertion technique protects cables and pipes
- Traffic control needs are minimal
- Can save up to 70% in laying costs
Cost of sand eliminated
- The laying sword is pulled through the ground under enormous pressure - separating and laterally compacting the earth.
- Fines trickle down and settle naturally around the pipe or cable.
- Possibility of damage to pipe or cable eliminated as downward pressure is deflected sideways due to lateral compaction.
SpiderPlow's FSP 17/18 plow makes open trenching a costly process of the past. Open trenching is old technology which requires many complicated steps and leaves layed pipe vulnerable to damage from direct downward pressure.
SpiderPlow Fact Sheet
- Proven system in harshest worldwide conditions
- Environmentally friendly
- Lays up to 20 pipes or cables
- Works in narrow corridors of 2 metres
- Installs pipe / cables up to 2 metres deep
- Can lay at speeds of up to 800m per hour
- Cuts costs by up to 70%
- Installation system protects pipes and cables
- No pre ripping required
- Lays flexible pipes of up to 200mm OD (gas, water, sewer etc)
- Cost of sand bedding eliminated
- Rapid mobilisation between projects
- Adapts to all terrain
- Lays telecommunication cable at zero tension
- Gas industry approved
- Set laying rates
- Expert crews